Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Buttered Potatoes

This recipe is one that I grew up with.  It is incredibly simple and can be quite tasty.  I always make enough for leftovers because I have a few recipes that calls for already cooked potato chunks, so I just use these.


Buttered Potatoes
Ingredients
6 potatoes cut in chunks
1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Put potato chunks in a pot and cover with water.  
  2. Boil potatoes until they just fall apart when you stick a fork in them.  The time will depend on how large your chunks are.
  3. Drain water and add butter, salt and pepper.
  4. Lightly stir to coat all potatoes.  
Notes
This recipe is what I use for my family of 3.  I always cook to have leftovers, so this is twice as much as we will eat on any given night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How much does this cost?

6 potatoes cut in chunks = $1.84
1/2 stick of butter = $.25
salt and pepper to taste = $.01

So, one recipe costs $2.10.


Recipes that use buttered potatoes

Hash Browns









No comments:

Post a Comment