Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Parmesan Encrusted Potatoes

I was looking for a new potato recipe since I seem to cook the same kind all the time.  I found a recipe for Parmesan potatoes and tweaked it to my family's liking.  I omitted the creamier cheese and just went with the Parmesan and baked it on a baking sheet instead of a casserole dish.  They came out great!  My daughter even ate a good amount of these, and she hardly ever tries anything new!


Parmesan Encrusted Potatoes
Ingredients
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup butter, melted
6 potatoes, cut in chunks or wedges

Directions
  1. Mix flour, cheese, salt and pepper in a bag.
  2. Coat the potato chunks in the butter.
  3. Put the potato chunks inside the bag with the flour mixture. 
  4. Hold bag closed and shake until all potatoes are covered.
  5. Pour potatoes on a greased (I spray Pam or canola oil) baking sheet.
  6. Cook in a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
Notes
I made half this recipe when I first made it for my family of 3.  We had leftovers.  These potatoes are very filling.  I would recommend 1/2 of this recipe if you have a family of four.

I also lightly salted these when they came out of the oven. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How much do these cost?

1/4 cup all purpose flour = $.03
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese = $.249
3/4 teaspoon salt = $.005
1/3 cup butter, melted = $.33
6 potatoes, cut in chunks or wedges = $1.84

The cost of the pepper is negligible since it is such a small amount. 

The total cost of this side dish is $2.45. 

No comments:

Post a Comment