Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chocolate Fudge Icing

This has got to be my favorite icing.  I love to lick the pot when it is done and will even eat the icing plan, without any cake.  It is THAT good.

Every year for my birthday when I was little, my grandmother would make me a chocolate pound cake with this icing on top.  She would also fill the hole inside the pound cake with this icing.  I would always scoop out some from the middle every time I got a piece of cake. 

This picture shows the icing how I like to eat it... without a cake :)

Ingredients
2 cups sugar       
5 oz evaporated milk
10 large marshmallows
1 stick butter
6 oz chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Bring sugar, milk and marshmallows to a boil, cook for 6 minutes. (stir constantly)  
  2. Take off heat and add the butter and the chocolate chips.  
  3. Let icing cool for a little while, a 2-3 minutes.      
  4. Then, beat the icing until it looses part of its glossiness.
  5. Spread on your favorite cake!

Notes
One large marshmallow = 13 mini marshmallows, so if you only have mini marshmallows you will need 130.

This recipe can also make fudge!  Just place aluminum foil in a 9x9 pan.  Pour the icing in the pan and set in the fridge until hardened.  Cut into squares while it is cold.  I would recommend storing the fudge in the fridge so that you can actually pick it up to eat.  It is okay to leave it out. You will just have to eat it with a spoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How much does this cost?

2 cups sugar = $.50
5 oz evaporated milk = $.45
10 large marshmallows = $.45
1 stick butter = $.50
6 oz chocolate chips = $1.25

It costs $3.15 to make this recipe.



Recipes that use Chocolate Fudge Icing

Fudge Filled Cookie Cups

No comments:

Post a Comment