Saturday, August 23, 2014

Strawberry Lemonade

So, one day I made a cake for a church auction.  I have left over frozen strawberries and left over lemons from a previous baking occasion.  I am not a big fan of strawberries myself, but do love a good cold strawberry lemonade.  I got out a pitcher, squeezed the juice from the two lemons I had left and pureed the strawberries I had and slowly added sugar and water until I had a yummy drink.


Ingredients
juice of 2 lemons
3/4 cup pureed strawberries
water
sugar to taste

Directions
1.  Place lemon juice and pureed strawberries into a 1/2 gallon pitcher. 
2.  Fill pitcher with water.
3.  Add sugar until desired sweetness is obtained.  I used about 1 cup.
4.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.

Notes
I made this with the left overs I had and do not know if it would have tasted better with more or less lemon juice or strawberries.  If anyone else tries other measurements for these items and it taste better than what the directions say, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment