Friday, March 7, 2014

Chocolate Glaze

Tonight, I decided to make some chocolate chip cinnamon rolls.  I did not want normal icing, but I wanted a chocolate glaze to go on top.  I looked my vanilla glaze recipe and thought, I can make this work!  And I did.  And it tasted like chocolate milk when I was done!



Chocolate Glaze
Ingredients
2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder

Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Beat until smooth.
  2. Serve on your favorite desserts!
Notes
I have only used this once.  It was a little thicker than the vanilla glaze, but I liked that.  I figure if it is going to melt all ooey gooey on cinnamon rolls, it doesn't really matter if it is a little thick.  If you want it thinner, add a little more milk!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How much does this cost?

2 cups powdered sugar = $.54
4 Tablespoons milk = $.06
1 Tablespoon butter = $.065
1 teaspoon vanilla extract = $.375
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder = $.08

So this recipe costs $1.13 to make.


Recipes that use Chocolate Glaze


Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls












No comments:

Post a Comment