Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Green Beans

I grew up eating green beans this way.  My grandmother calls these Weight Watchers green beans.  I'm not sure if she got the recipe from them or if she made it using their ideas, but nevertheless, this is my favorite way to eat green beans!


Green Beans
Ingredients
1 can green beans
1 Tablespoon onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 beef bullion cup

Directions
  1. Drain green beans from can and cover them with water.
  2. Add onion flakes, salt and bullion.
  3. Bring to boil then turn on to simmer for at least 30 minutes.  
Notes
I usually just leave them on low after they boil until dinner is done.

One can feeds my family of 3 perfectly.

If you are using salted green beans, you can omit the extra salt.  I typically buy unsalted canned beans so I always ad a little

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How much do these cost?

1 can green beans = $1.00
1 Tablespoon onion flakes = $.06
1 beef bullion cube = $.12
1/2 teaspoon salt = $.0014

One recipe of green beans costs $1.18.  

No comments:

Post a Comment