Monday, March 24, 2014

Pork Rub

In my home, we eat pork at least once a week.  Mostly fried pork chops.  I love those things!  It is one of the few meats my daughter will eat, with chicken being the other one.

This pork rub recipe is one my husband found, but I have no idea where.  We first put it on a pork roast that we turned into bar-b-que and, let me tell you, it was the best pulled pork we have every had!  To me, it did not even need sauce!  Since then, I have seasoned all of my pork chops with this rub.




Pork Rub
Ingredients
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup salt
3 Tablespoons paprika
1 Tablespoon garlic
1 teaspoon thyme

Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Store in an air tight container.
Notes
One recipe is enough to coat generously a 4 pound pork roast with a little left over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How much does it cost?

1/3 cup sugar = $.08
1/3 cup salt = $.12
3 Tablespoons paprika = $.13
1 Tablespoon garlic = $.09
1 teaspoon thyme = $.39

One recipe of pork rub costs $.81.  This is much cheaper than buying a rub at the store!  

Recipes that use pork rub

Fried Pork Chop Bites



No comments:

Post a Comment